Everybody loves a great deal. When I was in retail, we used to have people line up outside our doors on Sunday morning, after we had a new ad come out. On big shopping days like Black Friday, we’d have huge lines wrapping around the outside of the building. It was crazy to see all the people who would sleep in tents in the cold, rain and sometimes snow – all to get a great deal on electronics.
I pride myself on making sure you don’t overpay for your streaming devices, whether they’re an Android TV box, an official Android TV device, air-mouse, keyboard, network accessible storage (NAS), media router, or (gasp) even one of the mainstream streaming devices like a Roku or FireTV.
There’s a lot of stores competing for your money, so it can be hard to know where to shop. If you haven’t already, I suggest checking out my article on where to find Android TV boxes for sale. Some of the stores I list below aren’t based in the US, Canada or UK, so you might not be familiar with them.
I always try to do a little research before I buy.
And that’s what I want this page to be. Think of it like your shopping resource to find the best deals on streaming devices.
How this list is organized
This page is organized by type of device, with each of the best current deals highlighted underneath. You can click on the link next to each item to go directly to that item’s page at that store. Some items may be listed at more than one store. If that’s the case, I’ll make a little note on each of the entries, to make sure you’re aware where you can get the better deal.
Disclaimer: As with the rest of this site, some of these links are affiliate links. If you make a purchase from the company after clicking on the link, I may earn a small commission from the sale. That commission is at no extra charge to you. It is paid for by the store as a way of saying “thanks” for sending them traffic. If you’d like more information, I’ve set up a disclosures page with all the details.
Android TV (Official)
Black Friday is all about televisions, and this is the one that’s top on my list. It’ll be a few months before I’ll be taking one of these beauties home, but I’m including it on the list since it’s on sale this week.
It runs the same Official Android TV OS that’s on the NVIDIA Shield, Mi Box and Razer Forge TV and has cutting-edge features like 4K HDR (High Dynamic Range). The Sony XBR X850 class comes in three sizes 55″, 65″ and a massive 75″.
- 55″ XBR-55X850D at both Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $899 ($300 off!)
- 65″ XBR-65X850D at both Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $1399 ($400 off!)
- 75″ XBR-75X850D at both Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $2499 ($800 off!)
If you want the very best Android TV streaming device, then you want the NVIDIA Shield TV.
Unfortunately, it’s been very hard to find lately, prompting some bloggers to speculate that there was a new version coming out this year. As I predicted, that new version hasn’t been announced, so it’s likely to come out next Summer or even Fall. If you can’t wait, you can find limited quantities of the NVIDIA Shield at some retailers.
- NVIDIA Shield 16GB at BestBuy.com and NVIDIA.com for $199
- NVIDIA Shield 500GB at Amazon.com for $329
SkyStreamX has put both the regular SkyStream One and the “Cable Cutting Package” on sale for Black Friday this year. The Android box that is not only our best fully loaded Kodi box, it’s on my overall “Best Android Box” list as well. You can configure the boax automatically through the SkyStream updater app and help make sure that you’ve always got the most up to date content.
- SkyStream One is selling for $124.99 by itself
- SkyStream One with optional air-mouse $149.99
- SkyStream One Cable Cutter package, which includes an HD antenna for $169.99
Click here to buy directly from SkyStreamX.com
GearBest is going all out this year for their Black Friday weekend sale. The sale begins Thursday morning and runs through Sunday, so you’ve got a weekend full of shopping ahead of you. There are promo deals which begin at certain times, like:
- Sunvell T95Z Plus TV box for $54.99 (22% off!)
- Beelink GT1 Octa-Core TV box for $53.99 (44% off!)
- Mini M8S II 4K TV box for $36.99 (60% off!)
- A8 Desktop 3D Printer for $153.99 (60% off!)
- Voyo V1 Mini-PC with Intel CPU for $216.99 (Regularly $323.79!)
- Xiaomi Mi Drone with 1080p camera for $456.99 (25% off!)
Note, be sure to check out the Black Friday Coupons as well to find some specific coupons which will get you up to 80% off!
Geekbuying has some great deals on TV boxes, some as low as $19.99. Their sale also runs all weekend, but keep checking back for their Flash Sales to get even better deals. Highlights of their sale:
- MINIX NEO U1 4K TV box for $109.90 (Regularly $149!)
- Tronsmart Ara X5 Windows mini-PC for $99.99 (Regularly $196!)
- MINIX NEO Z83-4 Windows mini-PC for $169.90 (Regularly $379!)
- Sunvell T95Z Plus TV Box for $58.99 (See GearBest’s ad for lower price)
- Husban X4 drone with 1080p HD camera and “Follow Me” feature for $219.99 (Regularly $584!)
You can also use the coupon code BLACK6 to get an additional 6% off the entire site, whether the items are on sale or not!
Amazon’s streaming player deals aren’t as good as for their Prime Day, but you can still get some pretty decent discounts on their Fire TV box and Fire TV stick. As always, be careful that you’re looking at the latest versions. A “great deal on a streaming device” isn’t so great if you’re looking at last year’s model. You’re looking for the 2015 Fire TV box and the 2016 Fire TV stick.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (2016 model) at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $29.99
- Amazon Fire TV box (late-2015 model) at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $74.99
Roku Streaming Devices
Unfortunately, I haven’t found any sales on the one Roku player I’m interested in, the Roku Ultra (any version). But, if you’re looking for any of the non-4K players, many of the major retailers have got you covered. As with the Amazon streaming players, be sure you’re looking at the latest models.
- Roku Express – This weekend, it’s only $5 less than the Streaming Stick, so I would not recommend buying this one.
- Roku Streaming Stick (2016 Model) at Amazon.com and BestBuy.com for $34.99
- Roku 3 at BestBuy.com for $49.99
- Roku 4 at Amazon.com for $89.99 and BestBuy.com for $99.99
Not content with only one model in their lineup, Google came out with two new Chromecast versions last year, and followed up with a 4K model this year.
Unfortunately, the 4K model isn’t on sale this weekend that I’ve found yet. But you’ll be able to pick up the Chromecast and Chromecast Audio at most big-box retailers for $25. If you happen to be out shopping this weekend and want something for your second TV, then this is one of the best deals on streaming devices that I’ve seen.
- Google Chromecast at BestBuy.com for $25 (Regularly $35!)
As with all Apple products, I can only recommend this if you’re heavily into their ecosystem – meaning all of your music and movies are on iTunes and not on any other service. You won’t be able to easily add Kodi or any other non-standard apps without going through the hassle of jailbreaking the device. But with all of that said, it’s pretty hard to find a 64GB device for anything close to this price range.
- Apple TV (4th Gen) at BestBuy.com for $159.99 (Regularly $199!)
Other Great Deals
If you haven’t heard of SiliconDust’s HDHomeRun line of TV tuners, they’re a great way to stream live TV to any device on your home network using an HD antenna.
The new version of the HDHomeRun Extend just came out earlier this year and it improves on what was an already great product by making it more durable and giving better cooling to help with durability. Stock is always hard to find, though, so if you’re thinking about picking one of these up, my advice is not to wait. Right now, the only place I see it online is Amazon.com.
- HDHomeRun Extend at Amazon.com for $154.50 (Regularly $179.99!)
If you are at all interested in upgrading your PC’s monitor, or looking for a cheap(er) 4K solution for one of your streaming devices, then you need to see this deal!
These are the monitors that power my desktop PC and honestly, what I use to watch most of my streaming content. The picture is just that good. I’ve bought one of these on each of the last two Black Friday sales at Best Buy because they’re usually the cheapest you’ll find it all year.
- Samsung UD590 28″ 4K\UHD monitor at BestBuy.com for $249 (Regularly $399 or higher!)
Razer, one of the leading names in PC and Android gaming has its own wearable. The Razer Nabu X is a “social wearable”, so you and your friends can compete with each other. Track steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, and hours slept. Sync wirelessly with your smartphone and track your progress on the Razer app.
- Razer Nabu X at RazerZone.com for $24.99 with Coupon Code RZRANX50 (Regularly $49.99!)
Wi-Fi Mesh Systems
I have to admit that I don’t know too much about Wi-Fi mesh systems, but I’m really excited about them.
If you’re like me, the weakest link in your streaming system is actually your home router and the Wi-Fi connection. Even if you have a great router (I do), the signal still drops out depending on where you go in your house. There are several companies that have come up with an idea to place a system of multiple access points throughout your house that talk to each other. As you move about your house, your Wi-Fi signal never drops out because you’re connection is automatically transferred to whatever access point is closest to you. And the best part is that connection is a breeze because it’s designed for the average consumer – not a tech whiz!
I’ll be setting one of these up in my new house next spring, so I haven’t done much research yet. I’ve included one of the videos below so you can see how neat this concept is. But for now, here are some of the best deals that I’ve found:
- Eero Home WiFi mesh system for $386.93 at Amazon.com (Regularly $499!)
- Luma WiFi Mesh system for $296 at Amazon.com (Regularly $399!)
- Google WiFi system for $299 Amazon.com (Releases on December 6th)
There’s no “verdict” in this article, for once. Think of this as an ongoing project: To help you find the best deals on streaming devices and accessories – to help you get the best experience possible.
Did I miss a great deal? Leave a comment below and help out the community!